PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sick of Being Sick (OR) Sweet Monday

I have gotten sick yet again. This year has been riddled with sick days throughout my entire family. More than we have ever had any other year...I'm going to chalk this up to my daughters first year at a "big" school and that I watch kids three days a week. Lots of germs to go around. Yipee! It's worth it though, Kyla loves her school and I love my little surrogate children. Alas, to the point - yesterday was rough. I don't think I moved from the same spot on the couch and spent a lot of time playing Arkham Asylum and reading to the kids (while they sat on the other couch of course.) By the end of the day I needed to put together a little sweet something to thank my poor husband who picked up ALL of my slack. He pretty much rocks.
I didn't take pictures because I am a complete and total slacker, but I made frozen chocolate chip cookie dough balls and they were AMAZING! So I thought I would share....
Adapted from Chocolatecoveredkatie.com (her recipies are sooooo good and surprisingly healthy, so you can eat a treat when you want without the guilt!)

Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3c unbleached flour (or break it up like I did with half unbleached and half white whole wheat)
1/8 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
1/3 c chocolate chips
2 Tbl maple syrup (or brown sugar)
2 Tbl honey
1/2 t vanilla
1 T butter (or coconut oil)
Almond Milk if needed

Roll in balls and stick in the freezer for 20 min. Don't be scared - no crazy raw eggs needed. I got about 10 out of this recipe.
As we have all but given up sugar this was a welcome treat for him, especially since he didn't really get a say when I stopped buying it, but he had to run out to the store for the chocolate chips. If you have the sugar you can use brown sugar in place of maple syrup, white sugar in the place of honey and cows milk instead of almond milk for a more traditional tasting cookie.
Now off to the doctor - wishes for a wonderful Monday to you!

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you get better soon. I'm hoping that with the eating of minimal processed foods that if either of us get sick that we bounce back faster...hope it is the same for you.

    Yea!! Another website to look for recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true that elementary school can be difficult because it is a great place to pick up germs and colds unfortunately. It is good to hear that you have some help when you need it. Thank you for the recipe for the chocolate chip cookies. Another point is that dark chocolate chip cookies would have less sugar than milk chocolate chips.

    http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. chocolatechip cookies i love chocolatechip cookies. thank you for sharing your recipe

    ReplyDelete